Program Goals for Infants
Our Infant Care Programming Stives to:
- Care for infants in a warm and affectionate way that lets children know that they are special people. Includes the physical affection and cuddling that is so important at this particular stage of development.
- Completely meet each child’s physical needs.
- Provide opportunities for exploration and social interaction through a set of daily activities rich in variety—e.g. movement to song, naming objects, push-and-pull toys, blocks, coloring, painting, puzzles, pegs and peg boards.
- Prepare activities to stimulate the senses—eyes, ears, fingers, taste, and smell. Engaging finger play, the experience of different textures, storybooks, paste and glue.
- Provide opportunity for the development of large and small muscles.
- Establish an observation system in which notes on children are kept.
- Be supportive of parental involvement and encouraging open and honest communication while using tact and discretion.
Program Goals for Toddlers
Our toddler care programming strives to:
- Establish respect for the environment, the equipment and materials.
- Provide a warm and accepting environment in which children can work and play.
- Promote and instill a sense of caring for and sensitivity towards others. A foundation for respect is established.
- Instill a sense of curiosity.
- Provide experiences with open-ended questions and where process, not product, is emphasized.
- Provide a variety of active ways children can use their bodies to participate in fine and gross motor activities, both indoors and outdoors.
- Encourage participation in simple games and songs.
- Provide for the language development that is so important at this stage of development.
To make an appointment for a walk through, call HBS at 617-547-5554 and make an appointment with Jewel Russell or Emma Jeune, or send email to
Expect a response within 24 business hours.