Program Goals for Kindergartners & First-graders
Our Kindergartners & First-graders engage in a curriculum that ensures:
- Students participate in a cohesive and combined kindergarten and first-grade school component, with emphasis placed on language arts and character training.
- Development of a manipulative skills literacy program that assures reading facility within a four-month training period.
- Exposure to a graduated sequence of multi-sensory instruction.
- Emphasis on language arts.
- The application of phonetic decoding concepts serving to enhance motivation as well as stimulate an overall enjoyment for learning.
- Character training via instruction in all major subject areas.
The Afterschool program, in addition to the regular recreational activities, such as arts and crafts, science, cooking etc., also focuses on literacy.
To make an appointment for a walk through, call HBS at 617-547-5554 and make an appointment with Jewel Russell or Emma Jeune, or send email to
Expect a response within 24 business hours.